The full moon is a powerful healing force related to Kapha Energy.
- A time of fullness, cooling, calming and nurturing.
- A time for creating and bringing new things into the world.
- A time to honor the creative and nurturing forces within us.
Our senses are the bridge between the outside world and the inside world, they connect mind, body and soul. The full moon is an opportunity to connect with our sensory experience.
- Listen to soothing music
- Slow down and taste the flavors of your food
- Use clarifying and relaxing scents like orange and frankincense
- Take a walk and enjoy the beautiful sight.
- Let the moon shine on your skin.
- Place your crystals, malas, bracelets somewhere they can receive the moon´s light.
Water cleanses off the old and lets you open to the new. Take a relaxing bath, add salts, essential oils and enjoy.
ART AND MEDITATION
- Spend time imagining your goals and writing them down on paper or get artistic with them.
- Since the full moon pours down so much energy, meditating during this time creates calm, mindfulness and stillness. It is a time to release what no longer serves you, what you no longer need in your life or an aspect of yourself that you have outgrown.
- Practice Chandra Namaskar, the moon salutation sequence.
- Incorporate a mandala or circular flow to represent the abundant shape of the full moon and the moon’s circular movement.
When it comes to food on a full moon, you are going to want to counter the heavy and cooling effects of its energy. Take light, warm and nourishing food. Avoid meats, processed foods, leftovers, frozen food, garlic and any foods that are excessively salty or spicy.
Slow Down & Quietly Observe
Happy full moon