Every time I eat an orange, I feel sad when I throw away the peel. I love its smell and color, but I know I can’t make candied orange peels every time I have one…
So every once in a while I decide to go for it, just because they are so yummy.
Next time you have a beautiful juicy orange maybe try doing this recipe!
So easy, yummy & fun!
- 2 oranges
- 2 ½ cups of Sugar
- Chocolate sparkles
- Edible rose petals
- Cacao nibs
- Cut the peel on each orange into ¼ inch-wide strips.
- Cook in large pot of boiling water 15 minutes; drain and rinse then repeat this procedure until the orange is no longer bitter or until you get the desired bitterness.
- After they have been rinsed, add water on the pot until they are covered. (about a ¼ cup of water.
- Add 2 ½ cups of sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the peel is very soft and water has a sticky consistency.
- Toss each peel on one of the ingredients (sugar, chocolate sparkles, cacao nibs or rose petals)
- Transfer to a baking sheet or foil sheet
- Let stand until coating is dry.
Have them as dessert
Give them as a gift
Snack them with some tea
Share them with a friend