Energy balls are pretty much the perfect snack, they offer a sustaining combination of superfoods with healthy protein, carbs, and fats.
- 8 Medjool dates pits removed
- 8 dried prunes pits removed
- 1/2 cup uncooked old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 pistachios
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 buckwheat
- 1/4 amaranth
- 1/3 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 Tbls add honey to sweeten if desired
- Place dates, prunes and oatmeal in a food processor. Pulse until smooth, scraping down side as necessary.
- add vanilla extract, peanut butter or almond butter and honey to the date paste and stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Form dough into Tablespoon-size balls.
- Place pistachios, almonds and cacao nibs in the food processor and pulse until desired chopped size.
- Place the mix in a medium size bowl and add flax seeds, chia seeds, buckwheat and amaranth.
- Roll the balls on the toppings until no longer sticky
- Refrigerate balls in an air tight container.
The best part is you can get creative and just add your favorite ingredients!!
CREATE AMAZING SNACK GAMES!!